Caiman Pantanal Lodge
Brazilian Pantanal - Floodlands
The Refúgio Ecológico "ecologic refuge" Caiman is located approximately 140 miles from Campo Grande in a 53,000 hectare farm, of which 7,000 constitute an isolated reserve with very rich flora and fauna. It has a diverse landscape of savanna lowlands, seasonal wetlands and rich forest areas.
The region is one of the world's richest natural reserve and a migratory stopover for ibus, ducks, storks, herons, egrets and many other species. There over 300 species of birds scientifically identified.
The property comprises of one main lodge and four additional lodges strategically located in different points of the ranch with its own infrastructure and style. It offers offers graciously decorated rooms with air conditioning, swimming pool, and excellent regional and international cuisine.
The outings are accompanied by bilingual guides and are determined according to weather conditions. Observation varies according to the season. During the dry season, from August to November, mammals can be seen, while during wet season, from December to July, mostly birds. These are the activities offered to guests of Caiman:
- Trekking around the lodge for observation of animals and vegetation. At night, one can observe caimans and other nocturnal animals.
- Horse Back riding, which is the best way to get into the heart of the Pantanal, getting to places which normally could not be reached by regular means of transportation.
- Rides on specially adapted vehicles to distant places where a wider variety of animals and, sometimes, thousands of birds can be observed.
- Motor boat trips on the Aquidauana River.
- Row boat rides on the lakes near the lodges.Such rides are very peaceful and one can enjoy the sounds of nature
- Round trip Transfer from Campo Grande to Caiman.
- Welcoming orientation lecture and audio visual presentation.
- All meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner (drinks not included).
- Truck ride; horseback; row and/or motor-boat excursions; nature observation and photographic hikes and nocturnal animal spotting.
- Bilingual (English/Portuguese) guide skilled in the local fauna and flora.
- During the periods of January 1st to June 06th, 2012 and September 10th to December31st, 2012, the Caiman will also run under a Private Home system, in which the inn will open only for closed groups according to the capacity of each inn, independent of whether all rooms are utilized or not.
- Individual reservations will be accepted during the all year at Baiazinha House, and between June 07th and September 09th 2012 both houses will be open for individual reservations, always maintaining the standard marketing packages currently available: fixed arrivals and departures from Thursday to Sunday and Sunday to Thursday.
- Package rate per room includes: Accommodation with full board pension, bilingual ecological guides/biologists, and tours in regular basis. Activities are not fixed and may vary according to the weather conditions.
- Environment Tax: rate per package, mandatory and not included in rate
- Services are provided with English speaking guide. Guides speaking other languages are subject to availability upon booking and rates informed upon request.
- Transfer details: Transfers are not included in rate. Consult service section in Pantanal South about the rate.
- Regular transfer is no longer available
- Caiman main entrance gate will be opened at 6:00 am and will be closed at 09:00pm. No one, not even with a private transfer, will be allowed at a different hour.
- Guests can arrive as early as 9:00am at the pousada but will only have access to the room at 3:00pm (unless there is available rooms at the time of check in). Guests can leave Caiman as late as 3:00pm, but must leave the room at 12:00pm.
- All reservations done at Caiman, will be subject to stay at any of the 2 pousadas: Baiazinha or Cordilheira. Passengers will NOT be able to choose in which pousada they will be staying. This will be informed only upon arrival at the Lodge
|Departures||Period||Package Name||Length||Single||Double||Triple||Group Rates|
|Thursdays||Year Round||3 nights||Thu-Sun||under request||under request||under request||under request|
|Sundays||Year Round||4 nights||Sun-Thu||under request||under request||under request||under request|
Suites and Rooms
Baiazinha Lodge is a bird-shaped house, it has six standard rooms, situated on the wings of the bird.
Its balconies, overlooking a west-facing inlet of the lake, are an irresistible haven for watching the wetland sunset.
Decorated in traditional ranch style, apartments welcome our guests pampering them with pure cotton sheets, down-filled pillows and hot showers.
|Suite at Cordilheira Lodge||
Cordilheira has 5 double suites, decorated in contemporary style. Each of these has a separate bedroom and living room, bathroom, powder room and balcony, and can accommodate two people.
Also offers guests outstanding comfort and pampering, with pure cotton bed linen and towels, down-filled pillows and heated showers.